VBS Mitzvah Week 2020
January 19-25, 2020
Doing Good Together
Spotlight on Hunger and Homelessness
VBS is committed to serving the neediest members of our community through a number of meaningful initiatives for all ages. Join us during Mitzvah Week, a time of service as VBS gives back to our community.
Sunday, January 19
- Mitzvah Week Kick Off 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
We will gather together to create get well cards for VBS members who are ill, pack and decorate brown bag lunches for the food pantry, collect blood donations through Cedars-Sinai, and more. To volunteer or for questions contact Nitzan Barlev at [email protected] or 818.530.4035.
Food Drive >
Prom Clothing Drive >
- Blood Drive 9:30AM-3:30PM Sign Up to Donate
Download the Mitzvah Week Kick Off Event Flyer
Monday, January 20
- Hoops for Hunger 11:00AM-4:00 PM
The First Annual Hoops for Hunger 3v3 Basketball Tournament at VBS!There will be three divisions (4th-6th grade, 7th/8th grade, and 9th/10th grade) and brackets will be created based on teams signed up. $40 per player. Bring a non-perishable food item to be entered into a drawing to win swag or $$ off camp tuition at VBS Day Camp or 6 Points Sports Academy.
Sign up to play
- Hope of the Valley Lunch Service 12:00 PM-1:30 PM
Join VBS in serving lunch to Hope of the Valley Rescue Mission's guests.
Sign up to Participate - $24 per family or individual registration
Tuesday, January 21
- Day School Hineni Action Day
- ECC Trike-a-thon
- VBS Homeless Count at 7:00 PM
Sign up to Volunteer
Wednesday, January 22 at 7:00 PM
Thursday, January 23
- Day School Comedy Night Fundraiser and Canned Food Drive. Geared toward parents in the schools of Valley Beth Shalom.
Saturday, January 25
- Shabbat Services (Homelessness Task Force being honored on the bimah)
DOWNLOAD THE COMPLETE MITZVAH WEEK FLYER