Valley Beth Shalom Preschool
The VBS ECC is dedicated to encouraging your children to:
DEVELOP: Self-esteem, to know that they are loved and have a special place in the world.
RESPECT: All people and embrace our differences.
CREATE: A strong identification with Judaism and the Jewish community at VBS.
We cannot accomplish these goals without YOU. Our enthusaistic VBS ECC parents and grandparents are partners with the school in the education of our chldren.
At Valley Beth Shalom's Preschool, a child’s early years are filled with growth, exploration and wonderful discoveries. Our Preschool provides a rich learning environment that stimulates their curiosity and the joy of being Jewish. Every child receives personal attention that recognizes their individuality. The Preschool program is for children ages 2 to 5 years. Classes meet 5 days a week. Early morning drop-off and after school child care is available.
- The focus of the first years is socialization, separation and developing language skills.
2 - 3 yr. olds: 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
21/2 - 3 yr. olds: 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Children explore a more complex classroom in which learning centers are presented. Making friends, being a friend and learning to be a part of a group are key skills taught at this stage.
3 - 31/2 yr. olds: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
31/2 - 4 yr. olds: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Early math and writing experiences are introduced, along with music, art, body movement and self-esteem skills.
PRE-K Oaks (Alonim)
4 - 5 yr. olds: 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- As we prepare for kindergarten, creative learning with math, science, reading and writing are explored.
TK (Transitional Kindergarten)
41/2 - 5 yr. olds: 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Children blossom in kindergarten readiness. Pre-reading and math skills are practiced through hands-on experiences and independence is encouraged.
Hebrew learning is an integral part of our program.
Please visit us anytime! For more information on VBS Preschool, please contact (818) 788-0567 or email [email protected]