During your first year of membership at VBS, you will be contacted by our staff and offered opportunities to learn more about the philosophy that guides our community, and the many programs available to you and your family. These contacts will include:
- Invitation to a Covenanting Ceremony. A Sunday morning Ceremony that provides an opportunity to meet with one of our Rabbis, representatives of our Lay Leadership, and other new members, where we share with you what Valley Beth Shalom means to us and to formally welcome you into our community.
- A member will contact you about joining a Havurah, a group composed of members of the Temple who join together in each other's homes to celebrate their existence as Jews
- You will be provided with an opportunity for your family to have an individual introductory meeting with one of the VBS Rabbis.
- You will be provided with an opportunity to participate in a Shabbat with Friends dinner, a Friday evening Shabbat dinner hosted by VBS members, where you will have a chance to meet and develop connections with other VBS members.
- If you have children involved in our schools, you will have opportunities to meet with school staff and other parents through the year in a variety of settings.