VBS Mitzvah Day 2018
Sunday, November 4 • 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. at VBS
Don't Forget! Daylight Savings Time ends- "Fall Back" 1 hour
VBS is committed to serving the neediest members of our community through a number of meaningful Mitzvah Day initiatives for all ages.
Join us for a day of service as VBS gives back to our community!
- Hand writtem letters to send love to U.S. and Israeli soldiers
- Get Well Cards for VBS Caring Connection
- Packages for U.S. soldiers with Operation Gratitude
- Make sack lunches for the hungry at local shelters
- Prepare pasta casseroles for homeless shelter residents
- Pack Thanksgiving dinner bags for foster families
- Assemble "I Care" packages for the Valley Interfaith Food Pantry
Please bring contributions on or before Mitzvah Day.
We are in urgently need of the following items, both for our Food Bank and for our other Mitzvah Day initiatives:
- Canned goods including: Fruits, Vegetables, Legumes, Tomato Sauce, Soup, Chicken, Tuna
- Cold and hot cereal
- Sun butter
- Granola bars and other snacks
- Powdered milk
- Leftover Halloween candy
Items for our Veterans Collection:
- Toiletries of all kinds (shampoo, conditioner, bar soap, body wash, tooth paste, tooth brushes, mouth wash, dental floss, deodorant, lotion, feminine products, shaving cream, hand sanitizer, baby wipes)
- New Mens and Womens underwear, t-shirts and socks in sizes L and up
Help save lives - register to be an organ donor. Sign up forms will be available.